A NEW ORIGINAL SERIES, NOW ON HBO.
Long ago, in a time forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister forces are massing beyond the kingdom's protective walls.
Sweeping from a harsh land of cold to a summertime kingdom of epicurean plenty, A Game of Thrones tells a tale of lords and ladies, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and bastards who come together in a time of grim omens.
Included in this unique and limited edition package:
• A handsome slipcase edition featuring a linen slipcase and book cover, foil stamped original design, acid-free paper and a satin ribbon marker.
• A special conversation between George R. R. Martin and Barnes & Noble. The author discusses his writing influences, his own style, his characters and their perspectives, having his vision come to the screen, and more!
• Barnes & Noble' s online series Meet the Writers interview with George R. R. Martin, in which the author talks about A Dance With Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series and a love of reading.
• George R. R. Martin answers questions about the new HBO original series A Game of Thrones.
• A special full-color preview, including original character sketches, of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, No. 1—based on George R. R. Martin's novel of the same name.