|30th Anniversary Edition|
Updated with new insights from the next generation
You can stop fighting with your children! Here is the bestselling book that will give you the know-how you need to be more effective with your children—and more supportive of yourself. Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, the down-to-earth, respectful approach of Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding. Now, in this thirtieth-anniversary edition, these award-winning experts share their latest insights and suggestions based on feedback they’ve received over the years.
Their methods of communication—illustrated with delightful cartoons showing the skills in action—offer innovative ways to solve common problems. You’ll learn how to:
* Cope with your child’s negative feelings—frustration, disappointment, anger, etc.
* Express your anger without being hurtful
* Engage your child’s willing cooperation
* Set firm limits and still maintain goodwill
* Use alternatives to punishment
* Resolve family conflicts peacefully